Need help on Husky 262XP clutch

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mattinky

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
My buddy stopped by this evening with a very nice 262XP he bought today, we checked it over and started it and the clutch is staying engaged so the chain spins all the time. The clutch freewheels like it's supposed to with the saw not running, I don't see anything broken or worn so we figured the spring must be weak - am I correct? TIA Matt

Last edited:
My buddy stopped by this evening with a very nice 262XP he bought today, we checked it over and started it and the clutch is staying engaged so the chain spins all the time. The clutch freewheels like it's supposed to with the saw not running, I don't see anything broken or worn so I figure the spring must be weak - am I correct? TIA Matt

yip, as long as the drum freewheels, otherwise your bearings seized.

check you idle speed too

yip, as long as the drum freewheels, otherwise your bearings seized.

check you idle speed too

Thats how we discovered the clutch was staying engaged, we were trying to adjust the carb and set the idle, you can set the idle lower and lower until finally it dies because the clutch won't disengage until the engines stops.

Latest posts

Back