Need help tuning husquvarna 460 after muffler mod

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ironworker85

Ironworker85

Hey guys need a little help tuning 460. The saw is bout 2 years old now i opened up exhaust port last week i put exhast back on fired up saw it fired right up but idled higher then usual. I tryed adjusting Low and High but they only seam to turn around a half turn each way then stop. Im just lookin for advice on best way to tune that carb thanks for any help in advance

Ironworker85

Ironworker85

Thanks bud i been doing alot of reading up on tuning these saws in the last few weeks just dont wana wind up burnin saw up. How do u go about cutting limiter tabs off the screws?

Ironworker85

Ironworker85

Today i pulled both adjusting needles out and i got down to the plastic piece that the needles go thro with the limiting tab in the center when i was removing it it broke into 2 pieces and i could only find one does any body know where i may b able 2 find a dealer that may sell a part like that and is the the correct part that i have 2 cut the tab off of?

nmurph

nmurph

ArboristSite.com Sponsor
The limiters are on the ends of the L/H needles. They can be tossed or you can trim the limiting tab and re-install.
The collar that the limiters fit into can be omitted. If you want to replace it, your dealer should be able to order that piece.

joshnnh

joshnnh

ArboristSite Member
I'm new to all of this aswell and another member and I ported a 455 . If it's a strato they can be tricky to tune I guess. Pick up an inexpensive tach. Seeing the numbers and listening while tuning helped me develop somewhat of an ear for things. As for the limiters, I have pulled them off everything I own. The plastic piece is optional. Good luck. It's addicting

Latest posts