Need Help! ..............

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HD-tech-NH

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I have just finished hooking up my CB heat exchanger to my existing furnace. During the install I drained the boiler. Now how do I re-pressurize my existing forced hot water boiler? HELP ... It's 17deg outside and my house is starting to get cold.. thanks

Tim

:givebeer:

I have just finished hooking up my CB heat exchanger to my existing furnace. During the install I drained the boiler. Now how do I re-pressurize my existing forced hot water boiler? HELP ... It's 17deg outside and my house is starting to get cold.. thanks

Tim

:givebeer:

I must have missed one key word the first time through. The system will become pressurized as you add heat.

Fill it with water, turn on the pump to purge the air from the system, check and fill as needed then add heat.

I wouldn't think it would be neccessary to drain the oild burner to add an exchanger. I didnt think it was recommended to plumb the water lines together.

put water in it, and turn on the pump.

Ah my friend if only it were that simple.

So I figured it out. Lucky I didn't burn up any of the 8 taco pumps in my setup. I have learned alot about my boiler in the last 48 hours. Last night was damn cold. It got down to 48 in the house. But all is well now. My CB 5036 is filled with water and awaiting a fire in the morning. My wrap around heat exchanger is tight and ready to go. Thanks for the help from all of you that responded.

Tim

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back