Need Oregon Sprocket System # for Wards 820 Saw

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

820wards

Addicted to ArboristSite
. AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
I have a couple of 1967 Montgomery Wards saws with the 820 Power Bee motor. I'm wondering if anyone would have an old Oregon catalog that would list an Oregon POWER MATE Sprocket System that uses the .404 x 7 tooth rim?

I'm currently building a mill with one motor and am in need of this Drum/Rim system for running .404 x .63" ripper chain. I made one from two different drums, but would like to a find a new/old stock set if possible. Attached is a picture of the drum I made today. If anyone has an old Oregon catalog that covers a Montgomery Wards saw in 1967-70 I would really appreciate if you could take a couple of minutes to look up this clutch/rim combination that was offered by Oregon.

The clutch diameter id 5/8" and the drum is 9/16" diameter.

Thanks
jerry-

My oldest Oregon Cat is 1975
The only listing is for montgermery ward WD-45,WD-55,D-65,D-25 saw models, part # 10608 for drum and rim for 0.404 chain

The only listing is for Montgomery ward WD-45,WD-55,D-65,D-25 saw models, part # 10608 for drum and rim for 0.404 chain

Greg,
Thanks, at least I have a start on finding what I need.

Making a drum is very time consuming. I guess since I just retired in September it shouldn't't matter how much time it takes to make a drum.

I just picked up another 820 motor from our local lawn mower shop from one of the kids that works there. Some guy brought in a WARDS saw in to see if they could get it running again and when they told him it was too old, he bought a new saw and gave the WARDS saw to the kid in the shop. When I went in looking for clutch parts two weeks ago he knew I played with these saws and after negoating with him and his need for Christmas $$ I got the motor for $100. So now I have three 820's which I'm using one for building a mill. It will have more than enough power to cut large oak trees here in CA I have access to.

Thanks again for looking up the part numbers.
jerry-

The only listing is for montgermery ward WD-45,WD-55,D-65,D-25 saw models, part # 10608 for drum and rim for 0.404 chain
Such a coincidence is this.That is the exact same number used for reed valve McCullochs such as the sp 125,super 44a etc.

I managed to find about a half a dozen on e-bay myself.If you just want a spur,MFG supply lists them.

Such a coincidence is this.That is the exact same number used for reed valve McCullochs such as the sp 125,super 44a etc.

I managed to find about a half a dozen on e-bay myself.If you just want a spur,MFG supply lists them.

I juit knew someone had listings for this saw. I now have more info to work with.
Thanks
jerry-

Latest posts

Back