Need some help with my XL2

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BSLMS

Reaction score
We have been using my Dads' XL2 regularly since it was purchased new in 1973. It has been a great limbing saw to complement the big saws. It has never needed anything until now. Was using it to limb on a lot clearing job and ran it out of fuel, something I try to avoid, and have been unable to get it restarted since.
Can anyone help with some info for me? I am looking for a rebuild kit for the Tillotson carb...any sources? Upon disassembly, discovered that one of the starter pawls had broken and also damaged the starter pulley. I located a used flywheel to solve the pawl issue. Ordered a new pulley (from Stens). While it is listed as a the correct replacement, it is almost but not quite. When the pulley is seated into the cover, the cavities that engage the end of recoil spring do not lock it in securely and I the spring slips out when pulling the cord. Anyone have a NOS starter pulley?
I found a another, non running XL2 at a garage sale to use for donor parts for my saw. It is a couple years newer and has a Walbro HDC carb, if need be, is that a suitable replacement for the Tillotson? Size, levers, linkages all seem to be the same.
Any responses would be appreciated, would like to get this heirloom up and running again. Thanks...

Latest posts

Back