New Computer: Affordable Power !!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

M.D. Vaden

vadenphotography.com
Reaction score
My old computer which our oldest son built for us, was showing symptoms of needing several hours fine-tuning, driver replacement and virus scan. So we decided to put the several hours into building a new computer.

Decided to splurge on this one - :popcorn:

Anyhow, we went to a place called Fry's in Wilsonville, Oregon, to buy the components. It was surprising how many top brand components were on sale or affordable priced. It looks like computers - even the prebuilt ones - have reached the beginning of a sweet spot where performance computing is relatively inexpensive.

After seeing the night-light advantage from the transparent side panel of my younger son's case, I decided to go with the ALL-acrylic Danger Den case.

Didn't go too rediculous on components, but fairly substantial: Intel Core 2 Duo 3.0 MHz CPU, 4 GIG of Corsair RAM, high end video card and a 1000 GIG harddrive. Added my previous 160 GIG hard drive from the old case as a second drive, and the external My Book harddrive purchased last year.

This computer loads Software for programs so fast, it feels more like sitting and checking emails.

I almost bought a MAC.

There really were a lot of great prebuilt MACs and PCs with fine performance too.

attachment.php

sharp looking pc. Fry's is an awsome electronics store; I wish we had one out here.

btw, great job not getting a Mac. There was a time it was a good piece of hardware, but now it's just a lot of flashy, over-priced parts.

Latest posts

Back