New Dolmar PS9010/Old Homelit C-51

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zr900

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
I just picked up my new 9010 yesterday and ran it for the first time today. It made my dads 371xp seem slow, and that saw screams.
I have a question about the carb heater. The manual says that it should only be used in temps below freezing. The weather today was about 30 degrees should i turn the heater on?

My Second question is about my old Homelite c-51. When I pull the cord it doesn't always engage the flywheel is this something that can be fixed, parts seem to be very hard to find for this saw but it is a great backup.

Thanks
Scott

Dolmar 9010
Homelite C-51
Homelite 360
Echo 550EVL
Poulan Micro 25 Deluxe

No you don't need to run the heater, the only time you need to run the heater is in very cold weather, or when your working in deep snow.

Remove the starter cover and see how the paws look. I'm sure someone on this site will help you with parts if you need them.

BTW Have fun with that new 9010.

Last edited:
9010s are awesome saws I sold mine awhile back and I wish I would have kept it... wait till that puppy is broke in you will be amazed. I was running a 28" bar and full comp chain

I picked up a 32 inch bar because of the big elm and beach we have been cutting but i will probably run the 24 most of the time.

Latest posts

Back