new to me stove

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

grampakev

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I bought this stove monday, more of a conversation peice, and my parents used to cook in one of these for years
attachment.php
this is my dutchwest soon to be replaced by a older blaze king i bought monday( i hade a busy monday, the king came from vermont, and the antique stove came from road island, near the ct. boarder) just waiting for the new conbuster to come in for the king then i'll install it and will post pics.
attachment.php

The stoves are cool, but I love the floor and trim! My wife would(wood) freak out, she loves that stuff. The second picture, I noticed the camera man in the mirror and sorry, just a habit, I thought for sure he was drinking a beer while taking the picture!:cheers:

Cool house!:clap::clap::clap:

scroung, next year i'll set it up, k7 not drinking yet, that was very observent. k7 i just picked up a blaze king king like yours, the combuster should be here friday, it will be hooked up sat. kevin

Nice cook stove grampakev.

My grandmother had a wood cook stove. Every time it got windy she pull me around with my red wagon and pick up a bunch of willow limbs.

They loved to cook with willow...I like cooking with gas

Nice cook stove grampakev.

My grandmother had a wood cook stove. Every time it got windy she pull me around with my red wagon and pick up a bunch of willow limbs.

They loved to cook with willow...I like cooking with gas

Neat story, savage.

We prefer different kinds of wood for different kinds of cooking. Small sticks of popple and red maple are great for getting a quick oven to bake biscuits. Apple's the best for slow baking. Good steady heat, coals nicely, and imparts a distinctive flavor. The location of the firebox on the right requires that you rotate what you're baking or roasting. Or else one side gets extra crispy and the other remains raw.

Small sticks are great for stovetop cooking, too.

i remember when i was a kid my mother used to keep a tray of peanuts in the shell on the ferthest part of the stove just enough to keep them harm. they where great, but a little messy. kevin

Well.....what do you see in the mirror?

The second picture, I noticed the camera man in the mirror and sorry, just a habit, I thought for sure he was drinking a beer while taking the picture!:cheers:

Cool house!:clap::clap::clap:

Well.....what do you see in the mirror?

attachment.php

Last edited:
I bought this stove monday, more of a conversation peice, and my parents used to cook in one of these for years

That is awsome looking!!

Short story. I used to date a girl thats dad was a farmer and bought up land all around him. He gave the girl a house that dated back to @1890's and was vacant for over 50 years. There was a fireplace in every room! The kithcen was added on @ 1920's. There was one like that in the kitchen and one bigger, almost double that size. There was even a brick wood feed stove!!

I really miss things like that!:cry: They are a thing of beauty.

I like that cook stove. I am pushing my wife to let me buy and install one next year for our house. Her concern: I would have to go out and cut down more trees. I told her I would "take it for the team" and do it just to keep her and our girls warm all winter long.

josh, thats a good way of going about it. I've noticed (mabye because of the economy) but these stoves are poping up everyewhere. kevin

Back