New to milling and this site will my Homelite 360 be enough saw to mill 20" popple

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hmmm didn't think about it like that (dumb fire wood cuter) .You are right, as soon as I'm in the cut even with my 360 the weight is gone untill i get to the end and yes you have to free hand the last three inches. the way I'm set up. Bob you are right i think the rails would help a lot for the start and finish of each cut curently using a ladder as my staight edge works ok but working on a set of log rails made of uni strut and all thread. Thanks for all the ideas.

Thanks again
Beaveradict:agree2::dizzy:

Ok called the local saw saw shop i deal with and he said you guys are full of poop no not realy he said you guy know what your talking about and mabe and i should leave him alone. I'm acting like a crack whore!
HE HAS A DEMO husky 395 FOR A $1000 WITH A TWO YEAR warinty not bad from what I'vr seen

You might want to consider used.. I bought my 394 for $300 bucks and the guy who sold it to me let me pull the muffler and plug and flashlight inspect the bore and piston (they looked very good) and then pulled the side covers off and checked the bearings (they were good), so I happily ponied up the money even thu the exterior plastic was pretty beat and the oiler drive gear was bad (no oil to b/c). Tuned it a little fatter and put in a 10 dollar oiler gear and I was in business.

If your patient and watch your local craigslist you should be able to find a deal on a decent larger used saw. Ebay is a bit overpriced in my opinion.

Silverbox I ran the saw yesterday and though it ran well it look to me like a 500 dollar saw looked pretty beat for a demo not worth 1000 maily cosmetic but if they are asking that much i would have thought it would have looked better. I think I'm going to wait and yes been shopping the local craigs list to see what i can find. I have to back off milling a bit right now anyway just too stinking hot out here 95 with a uv index of 11.

Thanks again Beaveradict

Back