New Track Loader

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

John464

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
2007 ASV RC50 Turf Edition

Have had it on a few jobs so far and I am really impressed with this machine. Believe it or not the "Turf Edition" has plenty of traction even in wet muddy conditions. In dry conditions there is zero trace I just went over a sodded lawn with a 2,000lb log.(machine will lift 3,900lbs before tipping) It leave lines in the lawn like a big lawnmower would. My customers do hesitate about me bringing it on their lawn but after the first pass they are at ease.

I am having trouble training my employees to load the logs so they are nice and level. So far we have discovered you need to pay attention to which waythe truck is facing reaching over the side you need to have the bigger but end towards the back. They are still getting use to the operation. Any other tips that I can tell them to get a high stacked load of logs in the 12ft dump bodies?

we had to cut the logs small so we didnt bump other trees in this wooded lot. A few days after that we were loading 14ft lengths hanging which were hanging 2 ft off our dump bodies. Now Im looking for another/bigger truck. It never ends!

Last edited:
You might want to stick your hydro hose INSIDE your arm so you don't hook it on something and rip it out.

Good observation I wish I could do what you suggest. My arms are solid therefore it has to be outside. The hydro hose is bungee'd(for flexing purposes) out of the way so it stays in one position and allows for full extension at full grapple tilt. Where its at is basically the only spot on the machine where it wont get pinched.

I think I would change hose types so you can twist it and it will stay out of the way. I have a asv also and have no trouble with the hoses staying in the inside all the time.

which ASV do you have and do you have any pics of how you have the hoses mounted? Thanks!

why did you go for the bucket instead of a grapple? The grapple lets you walk , and load the pieces with the log straight out in front of you so you fit in narrow areas(between trees). You can walk right into a 30 yard container and pack the logs in tight.

Corey

you gotta get the grapple. im looking into getting one. the root grapple is so useful, bu on some clearing jobs i wish i had a grapple

why did you go for the bucket instead of a grapple? The grapple lets you walk , and load the pieces with the log straight out in front of you so you fit in narrow areas(between trees). You can walk right into a 30 yard container and pack the logs in tight.

Corey
what bucket? there is no bucket pictured. I have two other attachments not pictured which are buckets.
What you see pictured is a grapple.

Hey how much running on gravel ,asphalt, concrete do you do?How many hours do you have on the machine ?How is the wear on the tracks so far ?The company I work for has a tracked machined similar . I worry how fast the tracks will wear ??The one we have is not as smooth of a track .

tracks are warranteed for 1,000 hrs. I have 3 hrs on the machine so far. I dont plan on keeping the machine for more than a 1,000 hrs. Ill trade it in before that.

Back