New (used) Milling Saw Husky 2100 CD

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

retoid

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Just got my new used saw today. It's a Husqvarna 2100 CD.
Found it locally from a craigslist post and it came with 3 Oregon bars.
36", 30" and 33" I believe. I have only measured the 36" but the others are pretty darn long to. All for $300 USD

It doesnt seem to be in that bad of shape. It needs a good cleaning. I replaced the fuel line but not before loosing some gas. I filled it up before noticing it was leaking. Everything seems to be good shape otherwise. Replaced oil cause it had been sitting for a while. There are also a few cracks in the plastic housing, I empoxy'ed them together with higher temp 2-part epoxy, should to the trick.

2322570073_671acdbc69.jpg

2323392036_912c5b5ab0.jpg

2322571493_075d397b76.jpg

2322574409_eaeae6ed35.jpg

2322576317_5f6dd1fc6a.jpg

2323397198_a95acbde59.jpg

Last edited:
Good grab, the bars are worth half that. What cc is that saw....looks like a moose?
Waiting for a CraigsL MS170 to get here i bought last week sight unseen(gulp), but the priced was right.

RD

Good grab, the bars are worth half that. What cc is that saw....looks like a moose?
Waiting for a CraigsL MS170 to get here i bought last week sight unseen(gulp), but the priced was right.

RD

Yeah I know, I was so happy to see the listing. Turned out the guy selling it lived a few houses down from my father's house, so it worked out great.
Yeah its 99cc, 6.4 cubic inch.

I hope you get your saw, I am always weary about CL and having the seller ship the item. If I can't pick it up / see it in person I usually wont buy it from Craigslist because so many people are flakes.

Whew...got it today. So far only 2 issues: a torn plug boot and filthy. Piston & rings look good. Gonna tear it down, remove the p/o's dirt so i can replace it with my dirt:dizzy: I won't even try & start it until it's clean.
99cc, wow that will most definatly mill....hope to see it in some wood soon!
RD

Last edited:
Glad you got your saw.
Well I wasted alot of time and gas on it today. It leaks fuel from two areas.
The top of the fuel compartment where the fuel line feeds the rubber gasket that fits around it is not sealed. Probably need a new one. And I have yet to find the other leak.

38" bar not a 36" hehe.
2326341910_1183bd052e.jpg

2325523265_d9199b8ca7.jpg

Last edited:
Good Score

WOW! 99 cc will definitely do the job. The fuel leak probably won't be too serious for you to find and fix.

I wish you well. :cheers:

Hopefully not, what is going to be harder is finding time to fix it.
Been so busy lately with my other work. I sit behind a desk all day long designing. So getting to work on my saw and in the woods is like a weekend vacation for me.

Got it fixed and running. Tried milling with it today and surprisingly it did great with the chain it came with.

2359795492_f5c0865a16.jpg

Beer break
2358962755_37a0d636e7.jpg

2358964699_d027f06414.jpg

Looks good Retoid, looks like the Husky is runnin good.

HH- c'mon lay off the thorazine & let 'em rip! Group hugs leave me feeling icky.................:hmm3grin2orange:

RD

Thanks guys, yeah after the first cut I noticed that one of the bar nuts came off and the chain was loose. It was replaced and tightened real good :)

Looks good Retoid, looks like the Husky is runnin good.

HH- c'mon lay off the thorazine & let 'em rip! Group hugs leave me feeling icky.................:hmm3grin2orange:

RD

No Thorazine for me.. I prefer lithium. You can get it in the watch battery section of your local jeweler. Those lithium batteries do tingle going down tho.

Ian

Latest posts

Back