Newb introduces self and posts wood pics

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ljute

Free Teak
Reaction score
Just joined the forum last week when I was searching for info on changing sprocket on my Husky 350. Learned this was an informative and fun place!

I have 9 acres of mostly pasture and locust (no oak :( ) Just bought a Stihl MS 361 thanks in no part to this site. Now I want a 460! :chainsaw:

Here's a few pics of the wood:

Covered wood alongside tractor shed/barn
IMG_2737w.jpg

Getting ready to split
IMG_2742w.jpg

Zane the Dog love to see what scurries out from the woodpile. Chipmunks, mice, and snakes.
IMG_2748w.jpg

Bring on the cold!
IMG_2750w.jpg

The splitter is a lot dirtier now
IMG_2751w.jpg

Pile on the left is a lot smaller now!
IMG_2757w.jpg

OK bye

Nice pics man! The Shenandoah is a cool area. I lived in VA for about 6 months, right in Alexandria, and I hated it! I hate the summers there though, ugh!

Nice pics man! The Shenandoah is a cool area. I lived in VA for about 6 months, right in Alexandria, and I hated it! I hate the summers there though, ugh!

I'm loving it out here. Just moved here 6 months ago. Lived in Alexandria also... for 30 years. Finally escaped. Wish I had done it ten years ago.

Welcome to AS
Nice setup, plenty of good dry wood, cool tools, good dog....you'll fit in here thats for sure.

Ljute

we on this board pity you for having soo much locust.

And, is that a rhodesian ridgeback? Anyway, nice helper you got there!

Ljute - Welome to AS, that wood sure looks good gray and seasoned.... Thanks for sharing those pics and nice tractor, we have the TL100A model. You will find this is a great place to hang out, especially when its cold outside, and your wood is heating ya.

ps. that sure is a big 'ol boy shooting that gun :)

Ljute

we on this board pity you for having soo much locust.

And, is that a rhodesian ridgeback? Anyway, nice helper you got there!

:agree2: No oak but lots of locust. That would be OK with me. Every now and then I come across a locust and cant wait to burn it. Welcome to AS :cheers:

Nice looking woodshed and pile of wood! :clap: I have that same splitter and I love it. I grew up in northern VA. and moved to WV. about 10 years ago. I have family in Warrenton, so I go back periodically to visit. That whole area has changed dramtically in the 10 years I have been gone. Anyway, welcome to AS!:cheers:

welcome Ljute,

Love the set up you got there, are you going to burn all that wood in Va.?

LT...:greenchainsaw:

Ljute - Welome to AS, that wood sure looks good gray and seasoned.... Thanks for sharing those pics and nice tractor, we have the TL100A model. You will find this is a great place to hang out, especially when its cold outside, and your wood is heating ya.

ps. that sure is a big 'ol boy shooting that gun :)

He's got a good shootin' cushion too! :)

You are right about the wood. It's getting almost too seasoned. I've been splitting it and burning it a week or so later. The other stuff under the roof can wait!

welcome Ljute,

Love the set up you got there, are you going to burn all that wood in Va.?

LT...:greenchainsaw:

You betcha' by golly!:rockn:
The old Timberline is a smoke dragon and HUNGRY!
This summer we'll probably upgrade to a new, more efficient burner.

Latest posts

Back