No milling...

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

steve fryar

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
...because the temperature has been over 40 degrees C for the past 10 bloody days with the hottest being 48C.It's starting to be beyond a joke.I want to fire the 395 up again as I have tons of redgum to mill.

...because the temperature has been over 40 degrees C for the past 10 bloody days with the hottest being 48C.It's starting to be beyond a joke.I want to fire the 395 up again as I have tons of redgum to mill.

Not quite 40 (that's 104F, 48ºC is 118.4F) but 38 and humid where I am. Either way they're instant sweat material and definitely no milling. That's why I took my holidays ion the south coast. max was 32C or 90F and over night was down to 50F.

Hopefully the weather will ease off for you Steve so you can get the 395 cranking.

I had the same problem last summer when milling some walnut. There are a couple of expensive homes on the hills around the valley where the orchard is so I couldn't fire up my saw till after 8 am. by noon it would be in the high 90's. and the saw would get too hot so I would have to pack it up.

I lived in pheonix for a few years and people there will start work an hour before dawn. Even in imperial units thats awfully early to start work but it helps.

Back