Now the door is busted on cursed fireplace.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RCR 3 EVER

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
Still waiting for :censored: :fireplace to burn!!! :angry2:

I have been waiting since Dec to get this thing in and now I have to wait even longer.
MY advise NEVER BUY LENNOX, repeat NEVER BUY LENNOX
Factory does NOT STOCK PARTS, Everything down to the spare paint takes weeks to order!!

I waited weeks for pipes and elbows to come in that should have been ordered in the first week back in Oct. 2008 when I bought the stove.
I got it installed finally but then my back went out so bad I could not walk let alone pick up a saw so everything was put on hold for 2 weeks for our part of install.
We finally got the durock put up and slate hearth done looks great. The marble surround is being cut for next week. The drywall enclosure is installed, basically it is ready for final inspection so we went to install the door:censored::cry:.

The bleepin door was damaged at the factory since the box is undamaged and unopened. The hinges are bent and the glass is cracked. I believe this fireplace is cursed! Obviously a Lack of Quality Control!
Naturally the factory says the part is on backorder!!!!!

So we normally want to have Spring arrive but now we want Winter to hang on a bit longer so we can at least have a fire without cranking up the A/C first.
So blame me for cold weather.
The bright side is we will not have to bring home so much wood next year, the bad side: most of the wood is in my 20' x 40' garage and I did not want that in the summer months.

Still waiting for :censored: :fireplace to burn!!! :angry2:

I have been waiting since Dec to get this thing in and now I have to wait even longer.
MY advise NEVER BUY LENNOX, repeat NEVER BUY LENNOX
Factory does NOT STOCK PARTS, Everything down to the spare paint takes weeks to order!!

I waited weeks for pipes and elbows to come in that should have been ordered in the first week back in Oct. 2008 when I bought the stove.
I got it installed finally but then my back went out so bad I could not walk let alone pick up a saw so everything was put on hold for 2 weeks for our part of install.
We finally got the durock put up and slate hearth done looks great. The marble surround is being cut for next week. The drywall enclosure is installed, basically it is ready for final inspection so we went to install the door:censored::cry:.

The bleepin door was damaged at the factory since the box is undamaged and unopened. The hinges are bent and the glass is cracked. I believe this fireplace is cursed! Obviously a Lack of Quality Control!
Naturally the factory says the part is on backorder!!!!!

So we normally want to have Spring arrive but now we want Winter to hang on a bit longer so we can at least have a fire without cranking up the A/C first.
So blame me for cold weather.
The bright side is we will not have to bring home so much wood next year, the bad side: most of the wood is in my 20' x 40' garage and I did not want that in the summer months.

You sound just a tad bit upset!Well, I cant blame you! I would be throwing a Poulan wild thing through the window of the shop where I bought the stove from if that happened to me!
its about all they are good for, right?Paperweight maybe?

My condolences. :cry:

You have had nothing but bad luck so far with that thing!! I almost worried for the first time you burn in it... :taped:

RCR,

That flat out SUCKS!!!!

Just to be cute, copy your heat bill amount since the date of projected completion, and send it to those nice people at Lennox along with a nice letter thanking them for thier exemplary service.

I dunno how you are doing it. I would be borderline Homicidal at this point if I were you... Hang in there!!

On the bright side, you have a head start on next years wood pile!

A little bird told me having some extra wood laid up might be a good thing.;)

Stay safe!!
Dingeryote

Screaming bloody murder

WE have wood in a trailer that we have to move and wood in the garage we now have to move a 2nd time, a waste of time since it should have been burned by now. Our pantry closet is a bunch of boxes and we have lost track of what is where,and where it has gone. Tools are everywhere and installer even took some of them.:dizzy:

My wife and I are :bang:homicidal, I feel (not really) for the store dealer/installer who sent a bill that was jacked up in price for extra items and labor. He even charged us for 2x he came to install the fireplace. The first time they brought the wrong pipes, vertical install for chimney vent instead of using an offset. They also damaged our paneling and put a hole in our ceiling in the closet with their foot. They also cut extra hole for vent that we had to fix. They also used higher priced items we had did not need as we stressed we needed to save money. Such as shiny Stainless steel pipes that look nicer but are hidden instead of cheaper galvanized pipes that have stainless interior.

Actually, having my wife :angry: make the screaming bloody murder call was smart since we got a small discount. But not enough to distract us from reporting them to BBB and Lennox is incompetent installers. Lennox is also getting a bad BBB and we tell everyone of our experiences, word of mouth is best rep

I just hope the fireplace will work after this fiasco!

Latest posts

Back