Oil use on my F-250 Ideas????

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Another thing that would be addressed if the procedure I posted initially is followed, a lot of Fords etc PCV valves are plastic and the bottoms will break out and suck constantly causing the same high oil consumption as an intake and thats hopefully what he finds first.

Kansas

Another thing that would be addressed if the procedure I posted initially is followed, a lot of Fords etc PCV valves are plastic and the bottoms will break out and suck constantly causing the same high oil consumption as an intake and thats hopefully what he finds first.

Kansas

Thats a great point, My old f250 had a faulty pcv that was stuck open. It ran a little rough and smoked a bit until I got it fixed. Mine kicked a error with in a day or two. I don't remember it using much oil though

Thats a great point, My old f250 had a faulty pcv that was stuck open. It ran a little rough and smoked a bit until I got it fixed. Mine kicked a error with in a day or two. I don't remember it using much oil though

Thanks and honestly I see it a lot in my business its real common with all kinds of cars pcvs and lower intake gaskets are the fi, Hondas are real bad about it especially old Accords and Civics. Yes it will set a lean code sometimes and it takes awhile for most people to realize their car is even using oil sometimes its too late.

Kansas

UPDATE!! - The truck blew a rod while hunting this week. I gave it to a friend of mine and bought a diesel. Thanks for all of your replies. :bang:

Latest posts

Back