Open, smooth cam

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TheTreeSpyder

Addicted to ArboristSite
AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
Is thar a device out that is like open like a smooth cammed; pantin, metal frame for karab/snap compactly. i'm thinking of using it on 3-5 pre-tightening on me'ol style 1 PortyWrap that i have installed an eye for jsut such things. We would pre-tigheten more and exercise this if the slowest, must fumblesome part of it wasn't present that much.

i speak of the rope grabiing device, whether prusik or gibbs, having a quick, open, doesn't need to be shut smooth (to save the rope and make it easier to remove) for 1 or 2 quick tugs to pretighten, peel off line, and lay on ground still anchor end of the compression rig attatched to Porty, 2-3 quick seconds and ready 1 manned?

Presently, when using the PortaWrap wee 2man it tight into the nose, then sweat it in too; fairly good and quick, then try to lay it into a selftightening rig anyway. More serious pretightening takes a lil'more time, looking to reduce some of that time.

Thanx!

I second John Paul
But have you tried a fiddle block with a gibbs ascender to grab the load line?
First tried this with Sam Noonan oh almost a decade ago. worked real good. The advantages are it is real light. The disadvantages are the thing is a alot of ropes and pullyes that can get tangled. Also we used a pole pruner to advance the gibbs forward on the rope.
I think Sherrills has a fiddle block for sale
frans

i have various pulley systems i have employable, none quite as clean as fiddle, i think that the biggest hangup is time putting on/off the rope grabbing device, so am looking to attack there, to increase use. Looking to do this cheaply so i can afford to buy more shirts........... as we all quite fairly should!!!!!

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back