Opinions on a modded Dolmar 143

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Banshee

Banshee

Addicted to ArboristSite
I know lately I've been asking a lot of questions about saws and building them up.

I been keeping my eye open for a play saw. Nothing to work with, but something to hop up and have fun with.

I've found a Dolmar 143 and have done some research and found that they are gov regulated at 8500. And that ungov'ing them will most likily cost a crank failure. Is this true?

If they have a weak crank then modding one won't be a good idea, will it?

I plan to do a cylinder port. Not a mild, but close to race. Also plan on the biggest spocket it will turn quickly. A pipe may even one the list later on.
Are these too much for the Dolmar.

This isn't going to be a race saw, just a fun saw. If that makes since. Also getting parts shouldn't be a problem. My dealer has sheds full or parts saws for every kind. So yah or nah on the Dolmar.

As always thanks in advance. A lot of know on this site.

Last edited:
Javelin

Javelin

Addicted to ArboristSite
Actually they are not a bad saw to mod! However you need to decide if it is for play or work? If it is for play pm me and I will see if I can dig up some stuff that we use to do years ago to them!

Latest posts