Oregonians?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i just looked it up on OPB

next air date is wensday 11/23/05 @ 3:00 AM one hour air time

this is for the Portland station though it might be different elsewhere.

Sizz, You mean the Oregon Stories/Rethinking the Forest? Great program! Not only did I watch it but was in it! Although you didn't see me...dang! I know several of the people in Wallowa and do business with em'. Good group of folks up there. The radical environmentalists are in a fuss with OPB now because they think the story was biased. I saw many aspects of the project take place from start to finish. We've been trying it the radical enviro's way. Now let's get the health of the forest and the communities taken care of. Every logger I know is an environmentalist. Sure we used to log through creeks and such, now we know better. Timber people are what's good for the forest and Oregon.
Have you been following the progress of the "Barred Owl"? Another story all together. The Barred Owl is much more agressive than it's Spotted cousin and has been kicking the Spotted Owl's butt out of habitat areas. Both are protected, with the Spotted being fewer in number. I asked an ODF forester if he'd like me to carry a scattergun while working my strip of trees and shot the Barred SOB's?(as a joke of course) He thought about it for a little bit and told me he'd get back with me(he was serious). I wish I'd never have said it now. These things have a way of getting out of hand.

Did you hear the one about the deer hunter lost in the woods for several days?
Well now, seems he shot a Red Tailed Hawk and was eating it when rescuers find him! Bad news is one of the rescuers is a radical enviro' type and turns him in. He gets his day in court and the magistrate throws the case out of court because it was, after all, a matter of life and death. The fella thanks the judge and starts to leave the court room. The judge says, "Hold on son, what'd that Hawk taste like"? The man replies, "Well...sort of a cross between a Golden Eagle and a Spotted Owl".

Latest posts

Back