OT: Stihl Ax - Opinions?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

leeave96

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Went out today to buy a cheap ax for use on our Boy Scout camping trips - one where the boys can use a rock for a chopping block and knock out the handle - all of which they do ;) without causing me to loose sleep over busting-up my good ax :cry:

I bought a cheapo ax at my Stihl dealer for about $20, but I noticed they had a selection of Stihl brand axes - which I had never seen before.

My question is - are these axes worth the price, what are your opinions of them and if not a Stihl ax, then what?

Just courious - Thanks!
Bill

I have the Stihl splitting hatchet and really like it, very well made and does a great job. I like to keep it with me with using my splitter to break "strings" on big chunks. It is also great for splitting small pieces for kindling. I am sure their full size axes are great also.

I would recommend a fiskars ax for you and the scouts!

+1

I have a couple, great axes for the money.
I also like to cruise ebay for old axe heads. Just recently got an old double bit for $8 shipped.$10 handle and a little grinder and belt sander work and I'm very happy.

Back