Our family cabin in the woods.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Very cool stuff!!!

Reminds me of a documentary I saw about a guy who moved to Alaska at age 50ish to escape the everyday hustle and bustle we call life. I believe it was called "Into the wilderness", or something along those lines. Old footage, and all 100% real, not like the reality crap they show on tv. He set up his own tripod and documented it himself.

Anyways, enjoy the "new" retreat!!!
"Alone In The Wilderness" that documentary is called. Great show, one of my all time favorites:D

This is a very cool thread - Hall of Fame material, even.

Don't know what the Hall of fame is here but thanks for the kinds words from you and everyone else. I sent a link to Dad and Mom to see what everyone is saying and I'm sure it warms their hearts. Thanks again everyone.

sycamore.JPG

Dock Proenekke. Actually a fair amount of homesteaders here like him, just he happened to video tape it.

He worked as a mechanic in Kodiak for many years before building the cabin. Not really "hustle and bustle" on Kodiak... "everyone knows your bame" type place.

His cabin was up by Twin Lakes. Not sure if it's still there or not, he passed away in 03 and moved out if the cabin in the 90s.

I believe the Parks Department/State took over the cabin and still maintain it to this day. I rewatched part of the documentary last night.

I believe the Parks Department/State took over the cabin and still maintain it to this day. I rewatched part of the documentary last night.

That should be Di ck, not Dock. Stupid phone. Between the auto correct and letter buttons made for tiny fingers it could piss off the pope even.

Edit... apparently di ck is banned. See... ****

Back