Outdoor wood furnace

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

1CallLandscape

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
hey all id like to know if anybody has some plans for a home made out door wood "furnace". im a pretty good welder and fabricator so heres my application that i need it for: i am building a ethanol fuel still to power my tree and landscape business and trucks. i need to build a wood furnace that can boil 55 - 250 gallons of liquid in a reasonable amount of time. i cut a huge amount of trees and sell firewood so i dont have a shortage of wood. i need it to burn for a couple of hours at a time ( 2- 5 hours ) any help would be greatly appreciated.
-mike

DDM, im building this still by the plans i bought from a site online. it is capable of 4-5 gallons 180 proof ethanol ( fuel grade ) per hour. this is strictly a fuel still. below is the address. plans cost 30.00 ive been wanting to to this for many years and am just getting around to do it. i get about 2 tons of grass clipping per week from my lawn care section of my business, other wise 2 tons of waste. why not turn it into "free" fuel??? that 2 tons of cuttings will produce (approximately ) 200 gallons of pure 200 proof ethanol fuel. more than enoughf to power my whole tree and landscape business and the wifes car. that is why im also building a furnace, see you have to heat the mash mixture up to 180 degreese. ill be brewing in 250 gallon ( water being boiled) batches. i figured ill save about 7,000- 9,000 $$$ per year in fuel. guys with diesel trucks should produce their own fuel too!!!

http://running_on_alcohol.tripod.com/id2.html

-Mike

Back