OWB Damper Failure temporary fix

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Scootermsp

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
Dealer advised that in event of a damper failure (solenoid), a 16d (commonly called a 16-penny) nail placed in the damper will allow just enough air into the firebox to keep a constant temp as an emergency fix until you can get it fixed. I don't know if this will work with any OWBs other than Central Boilers.

My hubby wedged a small wood sliver in our door damper to give it more air until we got it fiqured out. A co worker has the same brand of furnace and told him how to check and make sure the furnace temp was set at 185.
Ours was wrong. Once he got that done, it now opens up just fine and actually stays open like it should.
Our first burning month, Sept 08, all it did was build lots of creosote.

i love my heatmor, very basic nothing to really go bad that i can not pick up with in a hour of my time.

That's about right...just lubed mine up yesterday...there is a replacement for the solenoid that some electrical/hardware/HVAC houses carry, but don't remember the p/n or mfr.

Latest posts

Back