OWB End of Season Rebates - When to Buy!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

deerhntr

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Hi Folks,

I have another question about my impending CL 6048 purchase. I was wondering when is the best time, as far as price goes, to buy a OWB? I see now that most of the companies have an end of season sale until 3/31, then the price goes back up. Do they run promotions over the summer to move stoves again, like a pre-season sale, or is the best time to buy now with the rebate?

Thanks for any input or past experience!

The last two years saw the market pressured with extremely high demand and rising prices (observe Shaver's problems as an example....). This year, I've seen both expanded advertising and aggressive rebates in an effort to move iron in a slowing economy, something that I hadn't seen before in my limited exposure to OWBs.

Steve

The last two years saw the market pressured with extremely high demand and rising prices (observe Shaver's problems as an example....). This year, I've seen both expanded advertising and aggressive rebates in an effort to move iron in a slowing economy, something that I hadn't seen before in my limited exposure to OWBs.

Steve

Yes,its now a great time to buy! Prices should remnain low as long as steel is down,and oil is down.I wouldnt wait until oil goes up to start looking.Id buy it soon if i were you. The 6048 i pirced has dropped in price 2500 since i last considered one. I wish I'd cancelled the Shaver,and waited it out personally,I would have saved more money burning oil,and waiting for prices to go down.

I would wait, federal government giving rebates on biomass boilers for 09 but havent worked out the efficiencies and which manufacturers are gonna qualify. If your not in a hurry I would wait for that info.

Back