Partner 500 gets prize in log

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh you never seen a big prairie yote then. Everything is bigger out here

Common misconception there Austin.Easterners don't have the problem but it's a well known fact that Western Canadians brag about how big things are out west because they're trying to over compensate for something.....
:monkey: ;)

My favorite coyote round??? 7.62x39 One thing we have no shortage on here is coyote.

C4, when you are done cleaning up the midwest, come on down and we will go blast some out here. Or maybe some bears and lions while we are at it.

My favorite coyote round??? 7.62x39 One thing we have no shortage on here is coyote.

C4, when you are done cleaning up the midwest, come on down and we will go blast some out here. Or maybe some bears and lions while we are at it.

I have that round for mass coverage needs, if it is ever needed and very accurate with the open site and centering crab apples for practice :jawdrop:

Used to bear hunt in MT, never got a shot. Stalk hunting, no bait type hunting for me back then. Cat hunt looks neat on videos.
Shoot guns, run bikesaws of yours, jeez I need a vacation there. :clap:

Last edited:
Cool pictures Kevin. I lost one of my female Beagles to the damn coyotes last month. Great job!! BTW, Ohio State did win.

Ithaca 12ga. O/U with SKB action...you'd have only needed 1 shell to finish him off...:clap:

They arent too aggressive when they are scattered all over the inside of the log...:chainsaw:

Good job cut4fun....I tried to rep ya, but i couldn't. They wreck havoc with cattle around here also.

Now for the reason I had to post about my Partner 500 with a pic going in to get this coyote.

3 years or so ago I would have not come up with the idea to cut the sucker open with a chainsaw to retrieve the dang thing. Just thought it was funny how chainsaws has changed my way of thinking on some things now days and wanted to share.

I also dont use a hand saw much for cutting small things like 2x4's etc and I also found them good for cutting OSB and plywood when the cuts dont have to be smooth or accurate.

:bowdown:

if i were you cut4fun, i think i would have called in the artillery if you knew it was in the log. why shoot it the 9 times you did when you couldve called in some willie pete or maybe some napalm.

lol

when you hunt bear do you have the b52's carpet bomb the area before you go in?

lol

i am kidding though. i actually saw a coyote running through the neighborhood the other night. it was a big'n too. it took off into a yard before i could run the bastard over.

oldirty

I have that round for mass coverage needs, if it is ever needed and very accurate with the open site and centering crab apples for practice :jawdrop:

Used to bear hunt in MT, never got a shot. Stalk hunting, no bait type hunting for me back then. Cat hunt looks neat on videos.
Shoot guns, run bikesaws of yours, jeez I need a vacation there. :clap:

You do need a vacation:cheers:

Hard to stalk a bear, unless its in a trash can at night. I hunt the bears and cats with the hounds. The problem is that the dogs will hunt either so you get both tags. I hate catching bears, I much prefer the cats. Cat tastes much better than bear and allot less messy to skin.

Also, when I am running hounds I hunt with large caliber handguns. The dogs will get you in nice and close. My dogs have been getting P.Ofd at me lately. They love to hunt and I have been getting lazy.

Lets just say no more chickens, to many coyotes and they get taken at night one by one.
Farmer across the road loses calves to them.
Family dog was attacked about a month ago by a pack of the bastards. Barn cats come up missing often.
They wake me up at 2AM beside the house yipping back and forth while hunting.
I have had them come at me in the field and was not scared, the males came at me till I bust their hide.

So dont give me any poor coyote BS. My land and they must all go IMHO!

i agree i shoot them to is a 30 30 over kill?lolbtw i wish they would take my cats the cats justwon't leave.

Cat tastes much better than bear and allot less messy to skin./QUOTE]

What kind of cat?I've had Bobcat and thought it was OK but would prefer bear-although it is kind of fatty.
Hey C4F, have you ever eaten one of those poor little innocent :)D )coyotes?
This all leads to an often wondered about subject with me.Why not eat it?It strikes me as odd that people think some wild animal is good and other is akin to vermin roadkill.

You do need a vacation:cheers:

Also, when I am running hounds I hunt with large caliber handguns. The dogs will get you in nice and close. My dogs have been getting P.Ofd at me lately. They love to hunt and I have been getting lazy.

Well pizz, just sold my Ruger 454 casull with scope.
But I bought 3 more guns the next day after remorse. :p

Hey C4F, have you ever eaten one of those poor little innocent :)D )coyotes?
Nope, but I guess it would taste like dog and I am pretty sure I ate some dog and other things that was unknown of overseas. But a good brew and buzz anything eatable was tasty back then.

Last edited:
Common misconception there Austin.Easterners don't have the problem but it's a well known fact that Western Canadians brag about how big things are out west because they're trying to over compensate for something.....
:monkey: ;)
Ah was just razing you. I do know about the Grey wolf X.We get them X with dogs, thats when they get big and dangerous to small kids and livestock.We have two types here the Mountain and Prairie they most likely interbreed but the true mountain yotes are heavier and stocky built making them look smaller until you pick one up.
But we have to give credit were credit is due they are an incredibly adaptive animal.

Well pizz, just sold my Ruger 454 casull with scope.
But I bought 3 more guns the next day after remorse. :p

Nope, but I guess it would taste like dog and I am pretty sure I ate some dog and other things that was unknown of overseas. But a good brew and buzz anything eatable was tasty back then.
Ah put lots of so ya sauce on it and who knows what your eating.:hmm3grin2orange:

Latest posts

Back