Pics of today's work.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

grandpatractor

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Cut and split enough for this weeks wood I hope. It's supposed to get below zero for a good chunk of the week and I hope this will make it.
attachment.php

Jonseredsjonny was running the skidsteer for me.
attachment.php

Found a couple nails while noodling in some elm-Darn yard wood!!
attachment.php

The woodpile Trolls were helping today too!!
attachment.php

Me bucking wood the easy way!!
attachment.php

Woodpile trolls, LOL

Fun running a saw when a person can stand erect and buzz away. Know what ya mean about those yard trees we cut up a hackberry from the neighbors front yard, it probably had scrap value at the junkyard.

Is the wood dry? What kind of wood is it?

Nice grapple on the skidsteer!

I need to get some more cutting done tomorrow for that cold snap!

I used to work with someone from Grantsberg MI.

Dan

Nice grapple on the skidsteer!

I need to get some more cutting done tomorrow for that cold snap!

I used to work with someone from Grantsberg MI.

Dan

It's oak that was standing dead this year. I haul it home in log lengths and just cut up about a weeks worth right in front of the stove. If I run low I just haul some more up with the skidsteer. We just try to cut it up when weather is good. The chunk with the nail was elm from a neighbors yard that was leaning on a shed and they wanted it down.

Me too!!!!:cheers: :hmm3grin2orange: :hmm3grin2orange:

LOL! I've always liked the way the John Deers handled... Seem to be a little more stable. And I've ran a ****-pot of skidsteers.

I put a lot of time on a TAKEUCHI - TL150 this summer. It uses cat controls.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/LHGTjWdNqhk&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/LHGTjWdNqhk&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/dWhOhFlOLnY&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/dWhOhFlOLnY&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

That bugger has a lot of power! The only thing is, it eats up tracks quicker than most. And it doesn't like rocky ground.

But you should have seen the size of granite boulders that thing was moving... Very impressive.

Suppose to be cold here in Missouri also this next week. Looks like you got a good plan and enough wood to get through the week. My BIL does the same thing, cuts at the stove... Great looking setup you have there, thanks for sharing.

I have the JD 260 also. It has been a good machine for me. I recently had a hydraulic leak. I finally found it. The parking brake cylinder is leaking. Darn thing is $630 from the dealer. I'm trying to find one online before I drop that much dough on one.

Scott

Is it a serviceable cylinder?

I have the JD 260 also. It has been a good machine for me. I recently had a hydraulic leak. I finally found it. The parking brake cylinder is leaking. Darn thing is $630 from the dealer. I'm trying to find one online before I drop that much dough on one.

Scott

Scott

Is it a serviceable cylinder?

Dan

You are an inspiration to us all

or at least an inspiration to me! My wife and I cut this load today and if we cut another tomorrow we should be able to get through the cold snap. It's all Elm and Box Elder but it will burn just fine.:clap:
attachment.php

Last edited:
I asked the dealer and they said you couldn't by pass it. I would just bypass it if I could. Do you know who I could talk to and find out for sure. Are there any John Deere Skid steer forums that you know of? Thanks Scott

Any one in MN in the Mankato, Glenco, Hutchinson, Arlington area looking for a reason to run a saw? I have a lot of dead fall that I'm working on cutting for fire wood. The wood is fairly clean. I've been unemployed for a while now so I can't pay anyone. This would be totally out of the goodness of your heart. We could also arrange a trade of some sort. If you have an interest please send me a PM.

Hey ManyHobbies
My BIL lives in Mankato, he is an ER Dr at the Mayo, I hope that you never meet him.:cheers:

Latest posts

Back