Pioneer ID and parts help

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NPKenny

ArboristSite Operative
. AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
I took a load of wood to a family where the man is bordering on disabled. He had a Pioneer saw sitting on his porch and we got to talking about it a bit. Long story short, I decided I would do a bit of work to this saw to get it back into some sort of usable shape.

First off, I need to ID this saw. Second, I need to find a source for parts as it's brake is broken, an outer spike is missing, and I need a bar and chain. Any help is appreciated.

The saw has #'s engraved into it as follows:

SN 232258 794
030100-04486.

They had the ID plate in two places. It can be located under the saw in between the handle and case or on the side of the saw under the clutch cover.
Parts pop up every know and then on Ebay.

Pioneer saw

I'm with Romeo on this one. Thats a P41 or P42. I just bought one on fleabay for parts i also have a P39.

Last edited:
After further research, I am leaning P42 due to the chainbrake, color, size, etc. I haven't been thourough enough to determine for sure.

I replaced the fuel lines and filter, cleaned it up and it purrs like a loud kitten. Nice running saw and very easy to work on. I can't wait to tune it in some wood and feel the torque.

After further research, I am leaning P42 due to the chainbrake, color, size, etc. I haven't been thourough enough to determine for sure.

I replaced the fuel lines and filter, cleaned it up and it purrs like a loud kitten. Nice running saw and very easy to work on. I can't wait to tune it in some wood and feel the torque.

That bar may be still usable. Sand/grind the rust off and if nothing else the mount #s will be there, engraved. If the rail is good, its a keeper. I've cleaned many with surface rust and they are still used today. Also make sure the nose sprocket turns and looks good, use a flashlite for this, makes life easier. Good luck with it. Also PES+ says he has the parts you need, good find. Pioneer last forever.

Doc

Latest posts

Back