Plywood handling idea

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bowhunter01

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Well, I'm tired of fighting with my plywood for crossing lawns. I think I'm gonna make a kind of pallet for it, to carry on my pallet forks and load/unload directly on the trailer. I think I can make it so I can pick it up lengthwise and lay it across the front of the trailer, and lay my skidsteer bucket on top of the stack. When deploying the plywood, I can carry it cross-wise, and just slide off a sheet as I go. What do you all think, any other ideas?

Interesting timing.

I mainly use 1' wide for a wheelbarrow. And just cut up a stack yesterday for this 180 foot long split basalt pathway we are digging out, and moving stone in for.

Having just moved up from Medford recently, I was ready for a new stack.

We cross cut the sheets into 4' long pieces that were 1' wide. I like that size because it stacks on a shelf nicely, and is wide enough to walk on or move a wheelbarrow on.

Otherwise, I'd go with 2' wide or 4' wide pieces. I try to avoid 8' lengths if possible.

make plywood track for your equitment. :) I alway thought about that when I was drag full sheets of plywood all day long .

Interesting timing.

I mainly use 1' wide for a wheelbarrow. And just cut up a stack yesterday for this 180 foot long split basalt pathway we are digging out, and moving stone in for.

Having just moved up from Medford recently, I was ready for a new stack.

We cross cut the sheets into 4' long pieces that were 1' wide. I like that size because it stacks on a shelf nicely, and is wide enough to walk on or move a wheelbarrow on.

Otherwise, I'd go with 2' wide or 4' wide pieces. I try to avoid 8' lengths if possible.

UH, OK? Can i drive my truck over it ?

make plywood track for your equitment. :) I alway thought about that when I was drag full sheets of plywood all day long .

I rip an 8 foot piece twice for three long pieces or in half for two. I have a feww other sizes that are nice to shuffle around. I like the thin stuff.
I scored about 12 8' by 2' section at this ladies house. The buliders left it and she kept calling them.

sorry I meant plywood tracks like you would put over your tires just something funny and stupid I used to think about .:) kind of like the metal ones you put over your tires

I'm using the plywood to carry out logs and tops using my skidsteer. I've been laying out full sheets of 3/4" salt treated crosswise, and making a path in to each load. Makes it so you have to handle it several different times, but you can carry a lot of wood out with each bite.

I felled a 80' white oak in the front lawn of a home last week, and got it out in 4 bites, not counting the stump grinding. Didn't leave a mark. Pried up the sod that got gouged by the limbs, and stuck some topsoil underneath, good to go. Drug that plywood around by hand and loaded it back on the trailer by hand, I'm getting too old for that nonsense. I think this rack thing will work, I'll put up a picture when I build it.

I'm using the plywood to carry out logs and tops using my skidsteer. I've been laying out full sheets of 3/4" salt treated crosswise, and making a path in to each load. Makes it so you have to handle it several different times, but you can carry a lot of wood out with each bite.

I felled a 80' white oak in the front lawn of a home last week, and got it out in 4 bites, not counting the stump grinding. Didn't leave a mark. Pried up the sod that got gouged by the limbs, and stuck some topsoil underneath, good to go. Drug that plywood around by hand and loaded it back on the trailer by hand, I'm getting too old for that nonsense. I think this rack thing will work, I'll put up a picture when I build it.

We do jockey some plywood but I do have a small loader. I want to make a high rack above the deck of my trailer so I can just slide it on and off the top. I want to do in a way so I can still load logs and get the loader under.
But I usually use the loader to move the stacks around for sure, Kinda like building train tracks, the train moves with the tracks.

Latest posts

Back