Polar vortex stories

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Polar Vortex Stories??
Well... today's story is...

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
7:07 AM - Sunday - January 26, 2014
Winter Storm Warning remains in effect from noon today to midnight CST tonight.
Wind chill warning remains in effect from midnight tonight to noon CST Tuesday.

* Expect some snow covered roads early this morning until Road crews have had a chance to plow and apply treatments.

* White outs with near blizzard conditions will occur this afternoon and evening as northwest winds of 25 to 35 mph with
gusts of 45 to 50 mph blow and drift the new snow.

* Dangerous to impossible travel conditions are expected this afternoon and evening.
Some roads are likely to become blocked by drifting snow.

* Life threatening wind chills of 35 to 50 degrees below zero will occur from late tonight into Tuesday morning.
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Yeah boy... sure am glad I took tomorrow off... likely won't even open the door.
:D But if'n I do need to get to town... sure is comforting to know I have BIAS PLY TIRES ‼ :rock:

Took the wife and her cousin out last night for dinner and then the wife wanted to sing karaoke and I obliged (gotta keep them women happy). So all the bars and restaurants are within 4 blocks or so and I decided to park in the middle and then we could just walk where we wanted to go. It was cold for sure. 6 degrees of cold but it is winter and I kinda expected it to be cold BECAUSE IT WAS ALL DAY but them women have to dress like it's summer and if I would have drank a beer for every time I heard the words polar vortex on the walks between bars I would be flat out dead. Then the wife loses the car keys and we have to stand out in the parking lot while our daughter brought us her car.
Ahhhh the memories of winter!

Buckle boots.....all fun and games until the buckles freeze into a chunk of ice and you can't get them off your feet!

This cold and all this snow is sort of starting to wear on me. i'm ready for a melt down.

I'll second that motion...

Polar vortex stories ??
It was really cold, windy and snowy yesterday... it's really friggin' cold, windy and snowy today... tomorrow is supposed to be really friggin' damn cold and windy... and the day after that it's supposed to be really friggin' damn ugly cold and windy... and the day after that it's supposed to be...........
Normally I'm fed-up full of winter 'round mid-February... this year I ripped the thermometer off the wall and stomped on it before Christmas :blob2:
Isn't a thermometer a gadget spidey?

Spidey pretty much nailed the 2 kinds of weather we've been having - really cold and really windy, sometimes both. Makes the ol' pussbone ache. The other thing I've been noticing is that the temperature seems to be acting independent of the sun - 0 at 8pm and climb to 20 by 6am next morning, only to fall to 12 as day wears on ...

Looks like my streak of at least 1 10 mile bike ride per month on a 50 degree day is going to end after 46 months running.

-28 f and 35 mph wind gusts tonight....-20 daytime high tomorrow...-33 tomorrow night. Got wood?

This winter has been brutal. Both in terms of temperature and snow. We broke all time record for cold in flint Michigan. We also broke the January snowfall record and January hasn't ended yet!

Ice storm, extended power outage, snowed in for 4 days, more downed trees than you can shake a stick at! It's been a good winter.

In addition to all the other snow, We had 15" or so of powder that made it difficult to walk or operate equipment. Thankfully that has hardened up enough that tracked vehicles can float on top. We still have some pretty impressive snow drifts here.

I've been processing a cord of wood per week lately, and burning most of it. These fridgid temperatures require nearly 3 times the firewood that I burn if its above freezing.

Latest posts

Back