Price Check - Timberwolf TW-P1 with 4-way Wedge

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

computeruser

Addicted to ArboristSite
. AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
So, thinking about selling my splitter since it only ends up getting used a couple days per year. Any thoughts on what a fair price for a low-hours Timberwolf TW-P1 with 4-way wedge would be? I don't recall what year it was made in, but it might be 2008? It hasn't been road towed (always trailered) and probably has 40-50 hours on it.

Bought mine for $1300 just under 2 years old. Fairly confident I'd get that back easily. Ask $1500?

Do not underprice.

A new TW-P1 with 4-way is going to be all of $2500 probably more after the Governor gets his cut.

I'm also making the assumption that you don't have to sell it immediately. I sold TW-P1 for $1950 about 4 or 5 years ago which was the advertised price on CL, (I did have the outfeed grate) less than an hour after posting the ad. Guy took delivery that evening and never complained about the price. I pulled the add at lunchtime that day because I was getting a call on it about every 15 minutes. Oh yeah, I bought it for $1500 used from a yuppie that was being foreclosed on and needed money bad. I ran about 75 cord through it prior to selling it when I got my TW2-HD.

If it was me, I'd advertise it for $2000 and take $1750 to $1800. You can always go down on the price but probably won't have the opportunity to go up.

The other thing to consider is used TW's of any model up for sale are pretty rare. People tend to buy them, use them and keep them. Timberwolfs most often show up used because someone, such as I did, wants to upgrade to a machine with higher production capabilities.

Personally, I would really think twice before I sold that unit especially if it's paid for and you don't need the money. If you continue to burn wood I doubt you'll be happy with a lesser unit.

My 2 cents.

Take Care

Thanks for the replies.

No need to sell, just on a bit of a life simplification kick right now. For as much as I burn, I started thinking I could just as easily buy my 2-3 cord per year pre split, sell off the firewood gear, and do something different with my time and garage space. Never figured I would be thinking such thoughts, but hobbies and interests change and evolve, apparently.

Thanks for the replies.

No need to sell, just on a bit of a life simplification kick right now. For as much as I burn, I started thinking I could just as easily buy my 2-3 cord per year pre split, sell off the firewood gear, and do something different with my time and garage space. Never figured I would be thinking such thoughts, but hobbies and interests change and evolve, apparently.

I guess so..I would have a hard time stopping doing firewood. Too much useful fun and I love watching the stack bank account grow. It's like gardening. something you need, with no stoopid middleman and money involved, or just a little. I like anything that makes me more independent of the man/system.

Good luck with the sale, quality unit, should go fast.

Back