Procuring a source for timber?? Advice?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nik_Danger

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
I live in Dallas, Texas. I am not really into logging but I am a carpenter and have somewhat of a source for pitch pine and ash that I have been using. My requirement isn't really imminent but I was wondering if any of you guys could suggest a route to take once I decide to quit selecting trees from private friend owned land. Is there a way to contact a forestry regulation service to find timber or should I just ask land owners in the areas growing desired timber to harvest a few trees? I just don't know which is the best route...I know investors buy land out in the sticks just to pawn off its resources...which sucks and I hate that but do you think its my best option?

I live in Dallas, Texas. I am not really into logging but I am a carpenter and have somewhat of a source for pitch pine and ash that I have been using. My requirement isn't really imminent but I was wondering if any of you guys could suggest a route to take once I decide to quit selecting trees from private friend owned land. Is there a way to contact a forestry regulation service to find timber or should I just ask land owners in the areas growing desired timber to harvest a few trees? I just don't know which is the best route...I know investors buy land out in the sticks just to pawn off its resources...which sucks and I hate that but do you think its my best option?

Take a drive around and see if you can find anyone logging in your area then ask them.They will probably sell you what ever you need i have a few guy's that come get the odd log here and there from me.

Latest posts

Back