ProCut

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chaikwa

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
In the late 90's I built a chainsaw mill using plans from Alan at Procut. When I built the mill I had plans for converting to a band mill at some point and I built my track accordingly. Well, that point has been reached and I am in the process of building my saw frame and carriage for the band mill and no longer need the chainsaw carriage.

As a result, I have the carriage that holds a chainsaw for the procut mill. If anyone is building a Procut mill, or has a Procut that needs a new carriage, mine is available for free. You'll have to pick it up or arrange and pay for the shipping, but it is free to the first person that wants it.

I did some modifications so that it has a cable remote throttle control so now you don't have to physically touch or have your head near the saw when cutting. You can also have the 34" bar and 2 ripping chains. Saw not included!

Reply to this thread if you want it. I'm in Kalamazoo Michigan.

chaikwa.

I just picked up the carriage yesterday and met chaikwa. He is a very nice and generous man with a lot of talent and a real top notch place too !!!
I got to see his band mill in the makings and I'm sure it will be a nice one, the CSM carriage is very nicely built and equiped with some nice options. :greenchainsaw:

I just picked up the carriage yesterday and met chaikwa. He is a very nice and generous man with a lot of talent and a real top notch place too !!!
I got to see his band mill in the makings and I'm sure it will be a nice one, the CSM carriage is very nicely built and equiped with some nice options. :greenchainsaw:

DAM YOU!!!

In the late 90's I built a chainsaw mill using plans from Alan at Procut. When I built the mill I had plans for converting to a band mill at some point and I built my track accordingly. Well, that point has been reached and I am in the process of building my saw frame and carriage for the band mill and no longer need the chainsaw carriage.

As a result, I have the carriage that holds a chainsaw for the procut mill. If anyone is building a Procut mill, or has a Procut that needs a new carriage, mine is available for free. You'll have to pick it up or arrange and pay for the shipping, but it is free to the first person that wants it.

I did some modifications so that it has a cable remote throttle control so now you don't have to physically touch or have your head near the saw when cutting. You can also have the 34" bar and 2 ripping chains. Saw not included!

Reply to this thread if you want it. I'm in Kalamazoo Michigan.

chaikwa.

:clap: Good luck with the Bandmill!:cheers:

When will the pictures be posted....you lucky :monkey: :clap: :clap:

When will the pictures be posted....you lucky

I do feel lucky. :clap: I have a Procut mill that I'm not happy with the carriage. I will need to modify the new carriage to fit my rails and saw. Chaikwa also gave me the clamping system for holding the logs down tight, something I will also need to adapt to my mill.
Pics will come when I get around to working on it, doing the firewood thing and rigging up an outside woodburning furnace...it is 32 degrees here right now.

Latest posts

Back