Red Pine Rodeo

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sethro

Heathen
Reaction score
Just started a patch of red pine this afternoon. The 6400 Dolmar ported by Big Dave is the saw for this job. This patch should yeild around a 100 cord so I'm a pulper by hand now ?
rp1.jpg

rp2.jpg

rp3.jpg

rp4.jpg

Who makes the best oil for my 7900's and 6400 ? And not only that at which ratio 50:1 or 32:1 ?

According to my extensive research, and study through a grant from USDA. I have found a ratio of 27.76532:1 to perform the best in the 7900. Although the 6400 performed best at a ratio of 34.8875:1.:chainsaw:

Disclaimer: Any or all information divulged in this post may or may not have been thoroughly researched, and could be total BS.:laugh:

Andy

Who makes the best oil for my 7900's and 6400 ? And not only that at which ratio 50:1 or 32:1 ?

SAE 30 weight at 10:1 to help keep the skeeter populations in check and the plug manufacturers going.

Just whatever you do make sure your running good bar oil. I’d recommend cornhola oil and turn the oiler all the way up to keep it well lubed. If ya don't it could run dry right in the middle of bucking and cause your bar to bind and that aint a good thing my friend........ sometimes if your bucking pretty hard when it goes dry it will bind up really fast and can put a nasty bend in your bar. That will put your whole operation out of commission for a while, trust me I know, so be extra careful when your working with big wood. ;)

Well ..... be safe, wear your protection, and good luck with those pecker poles your working with. :cheers:

Oh one more thing..... the red pine is fine but try to stay away from the red fir that stuff gets pretty messy. good luck

Last edited:
LOL Buck and his skeeter fogger may be a good idea with the fine crop of bloodsuckers flying around this year.

I'm surprised you're not floating them to the mill with the weather around the state the past few days.
JD looks like the first thinning of that patch-Are the mills paying decent $$ for pine pulp this year?

LOL Buck and his skeeter fogger may be a good idea with the fine crop of bloodsuckers flying around this year.

I'm surprised you're not floating them to the mill with the weather around the state the past few days.
JD looks like the first thinning of that patch-Are the mills paying decent $$ for pine pulp this year?

It's bad here ! I can't go 15 miles without running in road closed signs east ,west,south or north. And the mosquito's are hellashish! But deet is a wonderful thing.
Domtar is supposed to send a market report this week

According to my extensive research, and study through a grant from USDA. I have found a ratio of 27.76532:1 to perform the best in the 7900. Although the 6400 performed best at a ratio of 34.8875:1.:chainsaw:

Disclaimer: Any or all information divulged in this post may or may not have been thoroughly researched, and could be total BS.:laugh:

Andy

oh yeah! thanks for the research. I think I will stick with same brand and dosage of oil i have been using 4 the last 7 years or so until my supply runs out

O.K., here's my top secret recipe, just for ASers:

Take trusty 12 gauge and blast one tom turkey. Fill deep fryer with peanut oil. Fry turkey in peanut oil. Eat turkey. Drink 12 pack of Miller High Life. Take a nap under big balsam tree. Wake up and scratch nether regions.

Take the peanut oil and strain it. Mix one part peanut oil, one part doe pee from last bow season, and one part cheapy outboard oil. Add one drop of H2O from Lake Superior. (This is where a certain oil from up there gets it's magical properties. Shhhhhhhh!)

Blend this 32:1 with airplane gas siphoned out of Cesna at local grass strip airport and put in saw. THEN BUDDY, HOLD ON! All of your saws will turn into MS 361s. You will be good lookin', too.

Just be careful in the woods, black bears will think you are a peanutty treat, and big bucks will try to "love you long time".

I like Klotz R 50 Techniplate Synthetic,,, and also Moblil2T I mix about 40:1,,,
most all my saws are Modded,,, even got a couple of Big Daves handiworks!!!!:clap:

Do alot of big hardwoods and some yellow pine, flush em off as close to the ground as I can for the stump grinder,,,,,:confused: :dizzy:

O.K., here's my top secret recipe, just for ASers:

Take trusty 12 gauge and blast one tom turkey. Fill deep fryer with peanut oil. Fry turkey in peanut oil. Eat turkey. Drink 12 pack of Miller High Life. Take a nap under big balsam tree. Wake up and scratch nether regions.

Take the peanut oil and strain it. Mix one part peanut oil, one part doe pee from last bow season, and one part cheapy outboard oil. Add one drop of H2O from Lake Superior. (This is where a certain oil from up there gets it's magical properties. Shhhhhhhh!)

Blend this 32:1 with airplane gas siphoned out of Cesna at local grass strip airport and put in saw. THEN BUDDY, HOLD ON! All of your saws will turn into MS 361s. You will be good lookin', too.

Just be careful in the woods, black bears will think you are a peanutty treat, and big bucks will try to "love you long time".

And I am out of rep:bang: :bang: :bang:

Latest posts

Back