Rem Super 754 bar and chain?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

noyb72

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
OK

It looks like I might get into a pi$$ing match with the individual I bought my Remington Super 754 from. It was purchased with bar and chain but I only received the saw. More than likely I will be buying a new bar and chain, any recommendations?

Baily's has quite a few closeouts and the price is right, but I'm not certain wich bar mount I have. I'm thinking a 20 inch bar should be fine for firewood, and that's what this saw will be used for.

Another thing I wasn't expecting on this saw (and have no idea how to use,) is a manual oiler. How often should I cycle the oiler on this thing? This is a monster of a saw (especially going from my little PP260,) and I can't wait to use it.

Thanks
Ron

OK

It looks like I might get into a pi$$ing match with the individual I bought my Remington Super 754 from. It was purchased with bar and chain but I only received the saw. More than likely I will be buying a new bar and chain, any recommendations?

Baily's has quite a few closeouts and the price is right, but I'm not certain wich bar mount I have. I'm thinking a 20 inch bar should be fine for firewood, and that's what this saw will be used for.

Another thing I wasn't expecting on this saw (and have no idea how to use,) is a manual oiler. How often should I cycle the oiler on this thing? This is a monster of a saw (especially going from my little PP260,) and I can't wait to use it.

Thanks
Ron
Don't forget to check your sprocket all the big Rem's I have seen up here were running .404. You would need a .404 bar and chain for it, or if it is possible convert to .375. If it is what I am thinking it is, does it have both oil and fuel caps side by side on the front of the saw?

Yes, Oil and fuel caps side by side up front, tillotson HL carb. It also has an outboard clutch, I am really fuzzy on how theese sprockets work. How do I get the clutch off to look at the sprocket? When I do get it off, how do I identify the sprocket? And when I identify the sprocket, what should I swap it to? I'm thinking this is a torquey beast and I think I should use a sprocket that takes advantage of that.

Thanks again

Ron

Yes, Oil and fuel caps side by side up front, tillotson HL carb. It also has an outboard clutch, I am really fuzzy on how theese sprockets work. How do I get the clutch off to look at the sprocket? When I do get it off, how do I identify the sprocket? And when I identify the sprocket, what should I swap it to? I'm thinking this is a torquey beast and I think I should use a sprocket that takes advantage of that.

Thanks again

Ron
I will admit I never gone beyond looking at the outside of the saw. But I am sure some other company made that saw for them and someone on AS will know!

For the bar I'd just give Bailey's a call.

As for the oiler, it will be a matter of getting a sense of how much oil your saw puts out, how much it needs to keep the bar lubed, etc. Experience will be the best teacher on this, I'd imagine.

If the chain starts to smoke while in the cut, you need more oil. My FIL has a remington, I have no idea what model. Seemed like about every 5-8 seconds it needed a pump of oil. His has a 22" bar on it. I'm going to try and talk him. He hasn't run it in a couple of years.

Matt

Great, I'm looking at Bailys, but I'm not sure what bar mount this saw has, they list 4 different ones for Remington, but don't list model numbers.

Ron

Thanks, I've book marked that page. If anyone is interested, you can search here under REMINGTON SAW and find a manual on this saw and most other Remington / Malls. These two pages weighed heavily on my decision to purchase.

Ron

Just received my first box ever from Bailys!! Contents include a 24 inch Carlton Champion sprocket tip bar. A Oregon Power Mate 3/8" 7 tooth sprocket and a Oregon 72LG081G chain. Although we STILL can't find a listing for this bar mount, it appears that anything Remington sold over 3.8 ci. used the large Homelite mount and that's what we're going with, The seller is being reasonable and we are working out a fair refund for the bar and chain to get delivered. I'm hoping to put up pics of the assembled saw today.

Thanks again for all your help!

Ron

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back