Repairing/restoring Olathe 330 Wood/brush Chipper

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

E86 N52

Reaction score
I've got an Olathe 330 drum-style chipper that I believe was made in the early to mid-seventies. It's a good old machine, and it is powered by a Ford Industrial Products 330-V8 power plant. I assume Olathe bought the motor from Ford as an generic assembly and then integrated it with their chipper. I'm in the process of making this a functioning machine once again, and I need to locate replacements for the 2 "side-curtains" or "side panels" for this Ford Industrial 330 engine. I'm pretty sure they are just louvered sheet metal pieces that fit on the sides of the engine. If anyone has what they think might be it, or knows where a guy could find them, let me know and we can talk specifics.

Thank you,

Steve

I've got an Olathe 330 drum-style chipper that I believe was made in the early to mid-seventies. It's a good old machine, and it is powered by a Ford Industrial Products 330-V8 power plant. I assume Olathe bought the motor from Ford as an generic assembly and then integrated it with their chipper. I'm in the process of making this a functioning machine once again, and I need to locate replacements for the 2 "side-curtains" or "side panels" for this Ford Industrial 330 engine. I'm pretty sure they are just louvered sheet metal pieces that fit on the sides of the engine. If anyone has what they think might be it, or knows where a guy could find them, let me know and we can talk specifics.

Thank you,

Steve
I used to have an asplundh 16" drum chipper with the 330 v8. It was a good machine. Mine didn't have the sides for the engine housing either. I ended up making them out of expanded metal just to keep the chips and peoples hands out. Good luck finding originals, mine was so old Altec couldn't tell me the age of it. He said it was pre 74'.

Back