residential wood chip boilers

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

garyischofield

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Has anybody got feedback on the Goliath? brand of wood chip boilers?They've been burning biomass/woodchips in Europe for a long time.I am intrigued as the small scale use of these gasification boilers is rare in the U.S. compared to Europe.I started producing wholetree chips in' 79 for Scott paper.Every inquiry about small scale boilers on this side of the pond ended up being not cost effective.I'm not especially impressed with my E2300 CB. The rep from goliath says to $10,000-11.000 I could have gone to a fully automated chip burner with much higher btu output than my OWB.Feedback would be appreciated. Gary

I have always wanted a chip boiler but have had difficulty finding small units as well. Are you saying that the Goliath rep would set you up with a 185K unit for $10K-$11K?

wood chip boiler

That's what he quoted me about a year ago.The company handling the Goliath wood boiler also has many other brands of gasification boilers using different fuels.New Horizons.com

Back