Rim Sprocket / Clutch Cup ?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

iCreek

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
I picked up a used Stihl 361 that came with an .325 bar and chain, it has a new 18" bar so I followed some forum members advise and checked the rim sprocket to make sure it matched the bar. The rim sprocket is marked 325 9 Stihl, so it does match the bar. If I wanted to upgrade to a 20" .375 3/8 bar and chain, do I just have to replace the floating rim sprocket, and do nothing with the clutch cup? From my reseach on the AS forum it appears that way, but wanted to make sure. Also does'nt the MS 361 come from the factory with .375 rim sprocket, chain and bar?

I picked up a used Stihl 361 that came with an .325 bar and chain, it has a new 18" bar so I followed some forum members advise and checked the rim sprocket to make sure it matched the bar. The rim sprocket is marked 325 9 Stihl, so it does match the bar. If I wanted to upgrade to a 20" .375 3/8 bar and chain, do I just have to replace the floating rim sprocket, and do nothing with the clutch cup? From my reseach on the AS forum it appears that way, but wanted to make sure. Also does'nt the MS 361 come from the factory with .375 rim sprocket, chain and bar?

Yes, just replace the rim........I run a 18" .325 on my 361 some times.

I think most come with .375 pitch..........some of the 036's came with .325 pitch.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back