RooT Barrier along driveway to prevent roots in sewer

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mazurrj

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
have had problems with roots from neighbors maple tree 35' for my house for years. Cutting tree down is not option. Had pvc sewer put in from road to driveway which worked for years.
I know ideally need to dig driveway up to replace rest of pipe. Wanted to try putting in a root barrier 1st before i go busting up concrete. Pipe is 4' deep where it enters driveway. I wanted to dig 5'x24' trench to sever roots then put the root barrier in trench along drivway where tericata pipe still is under driveway. Then would clean pipe and hope for best.
Do you know what company would sell the root barrier 4.5 ' high or close to that or any other suggestions.

Sherrill Tree stocks bio-barrier, I do not know the sizes off hand though, I have used the 24" for silver maple root problems near walks and patios.

Ever thought of trenchless pipe replacement? no digging, an dit is a seamless stretch, which might solve the root problem for you ...

Thanks for the info on the bioBarrier.

I never new about the breacking the pipe and in inserting pipe.
i have to ask around on peopelt that do this type work.

Thanks

Back