Rope end care

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

geofreyt

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Rope end care.

I have a 100' , 1", Yale double esterlon rope that has factory eyes at each end. I want to use it to simply guide trees to where I want them. No big loads.Just encouragement type loads. I'm just a home owner moving out a couple of trees and I want to guide them into good places to cut them up and burn. My question is regarding treatment of the rope end. I am hooking to a 4 ton come-along. The hook is a standard type hook and looks like it is easily able to compromise the rope fibers. Maybe I am over reacting. I dont know. Any comments as to outfit the end so a come-along hook will be acomodated?

You need a Clevis to isolate the end of the rope from any sharp bend radius like a hook.

However, 1" Double Esterlon rope can handle some pretty massive loads...lol, most arborists don't even use rope that big for blocking down trunks.

We usually pull back leaners with 1/2" or 5/8" rope.

I got a deal on that rope. New with makers tags to my door was $150. There about. I could not pass it up. It's a hoss

Latest posts

Back