Running chainsaws (and other twostrokes) on E85

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ouchie!

As a welder who occasionally gobbles up a LOT of power welding aluminum, I'm often envious of the folks in the PNW who get cheeeeeeep power from the hydroelectric dams out there ... which is what apparently drew aluminum producers (and the aircraft builders like Boeing who followed) to the region.

I think a nickel or even a few pennies per kWh is not unheard-of out there...
I believe that’s where the leftist anti-dam movement originated also….

I believe that’s where the leftist anti-dam movement originated also….
Yeah, well those dams play hell on the anadromous and catadromous fish that need to get up and down the rivers to spawn...a lot of dams have "fish ladders" but some fish like shad don't seem to use them much, at least on the east coast...they end up having to truck fish past dams like the Conowingo...

I once went on a tour of Bonneville Dam on the Columbia River, and they had windows on the "fish ladders" and you could see lampreys going up the dam...

I'm in UK, always use Aspen 50-1 it's a very clean burning fuel and to me it's worth it because I can leave it in the saws for months at a time, some saws years and they still start and rung as they should. I dont use anlot of fuel so its cost effective to me. Others will not agree if they use a lot of fuel but for me it works.

I'm in UK, always use Aspen 50-1 it's a very clean burning fuel and to me it's worth it because I can leave it in the saws for months at a time, some saws years and they still start and rung as they should. I dont use anlot of fuel so its cost effective to me. Others will not agree if they use a lot of fuel but for me it works.
I go 9-12 months without sawing, and I use Sta-Bil. Never had a fuel problem.

Back