Safety.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
same for me, ive got two dogs, and a toddler that still toddles. Just makes me feel better if I have to leave the room. I know there is absolutely no way for an accident.

I even measured a 4 year olds arms to figure out the minimum distance from the stove(my daughter just turned two). Another thing that sounds silly, I measured the diameter of her head to know how far to space the vertical bars...I got my head stuck in the banister once....:cheers:

Who didn't ? LOL Just once ? (don't ask !)

We had a floor furnace in the house I grew up in. We were all warned it was hot from the time we started to crawl.
If we didnt listen , we learned anyway. To this day, Summer or Winter none of us 8 kids walk across one. We will clear a path too if mom says "This is HOT" as she removes something from the oven/stove. You just learn, fortunately none of us ever got more than a couple of blisters.
When my kids were little they were taught about the woodstove. They got to help load a warm stove and found out that even a warm stove is hot enough to burn little fingers (though not bad). I taught them to respect it not fear it. Any new kid that comes in the house gets 'the treatment' and arent allowed to play near it.
I watch my 2 y.o. g-son from time to time. He knows it is hot and will come in the house to warm up to it but knows that isn't where he can play. His dad, well he's still learning.

Last edited:
Back