safty chaps

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They last a few years depending on the use.
Just keep the chain off them and they`ll last a long time.

And try not to poor oil down them, I understand that degrades the balistic fabric.

I got saw pants for bucking operations. Don't like chaps.

Years ago I bought a pair of chaps that had a zipper in each leg and a waist strap that snapped with a plastic buckle. Replaced that pair and couldn't find anything similar so I wound up buying this PITA pair with no zippers and at least 8 snaps. Takes too long to put them on. Are there any chaps available that go on/ come off easy?

Chaps

The ones I have are attached by a plastic buckle at the waist and have two smaller buckles on each leg-I'd tell you who made them but my bro- in law has borrowed them. Bought em here in Ottawa.

The zipper is a good idea.
Taking a step back or to the side with my chaps on usually finds a branch caught insde the leg area.

I got a pair of orange chaps I bought at the stihl dealer. Couple little nicks in them from the chain, not running, just brushed against it. They were orange, now a really faded red. Had them for a good 4 years now.

I have to buy new pair once a year, I cut logs year around, rain snow , makes know differince, they just dont last when you use em.

I think them lite weight bailey's are the best they just will only make the summer i like the stihl chaps for the winter, can't go for the pants though.

Back