SC752 and Green Teeth

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CalTreeEquip

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
I just had an interesting Green Teeth experience with a 2002 Vermeer SC752.
Swapping out Pro Series for GT Low Pro 900's. The lead GT did not clear the cross member that supports the disc cover. Now, GT recommends 1100 series for this unit so I call them to ask about it. They were not aware of any problem with fitting any GT on the 752 and didn't know why they would recommend 1100's when clearly the tooth for a 75 hp machine should be the 900's. I put on some 1100's and found they don't clear either but they are a little bit lower so I could just grind away some of the steel.
The 752 is configured so the lead pockets are double, that is there are 2 pairs of pockets for each of the three lead positions. Angled-revers right, angled-revers left, angle-straight. So those leads do a lot of work.
The second set is just a 1/2" lower then the first and just clears the cross member. I'm leaving off the first set of leads and just installing the reverse and straights. We shall see how that works.
I found it very odd that GT didn't know why they recommend 1100's for this machine and they were not aware of any problem with them fitting either. There is a 42 and a 36 tooth option but she said it was a matter of leaving off inner teeth not the leads.
I'll make a video of this test run and post it here.

Latest posts

Back