Selling on Ebay, need some help

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BigRed96

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Good Afternoon Everyone, I hope this is in the right forum as I didn't know if it should be in the trading post. I have some saws I want to sell and was thinking about placing them on ebay. I have one of them on craigslist right now but my local craigslist is cluttered up with Stihl's due to a couple other gentleman who buy them, fix them and sell them too. I haven't had any bites on the saw in question so I want to give ebay a try. I listed one item for sale there but that has been almost a decade ago. Anyway one of my questions is how you guys determine shipping costs. How would I figure that out or at least a rough estimate so I could include it in the auction? I think that the saw will be sold with the bar and chain so that may complicate the shipping deal even farther. I bought a PHO a couple years ago and it was shipped with gas in the tank. I pretty sure if I ship through the USPS that that's a no no. Do you all have any tips or advice for me as a new seller on ebay?

a lot of guys on here will bid or watch saws on ebay but would rather you post them with a sale price in the trading post. Just common courtesy to the guys here that they get first crack at it. Jmo. So my tip would be pm me what saw you have a what price and after I pick through them let everybody else have a shot. :numberone:

You'll need dimensions of the box, total weight and both zip codes to calculate shipping. Shipping saws is legal and within the rules if you empty the fluids and triple bag them.
Once you're on eBay you'll want to make sure you list and picture any and all damage that exists on the item or you'll deal with returns and refunds over lack of proper description.

Latest posts

Back