Shindaiwa 345 ignition parts needed

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

m109rdude

Reaction score
Hey guys, I have a like-new Shindaiwa 345 that has no spark. Seems like all of these saws had some part of the 3 component ignition system fail rendering them useless. I believe that my exciter coil aka CDI has gone bad. I can find this part nowhere and I have even asked a few sellers on ebay selling used saws if they have spark and they do not. I have spoken to someone that used to work for Shindaiwa back in the 1990's and they said that the most likely failure out of the pulser/trigger coil, ignition coil and CDI/exciter was the exciter. I would love to find a CDI from another small engine and retrofit it if possible. I cannot believe that in all of these years, someone somewhere has not found another coil and a retrofit process. The ignition is 3 separate pieces on the 345. I have though about going to a solid state ignition system that uses an all in one coil like most small engines but even if I could do that, I don't think my fire to the plug would be at the right time. This is because the flywheel on the 345 first passes the CDI and charges it with low voltage. Then it passes the trigger/pulser coil which is when the piston is at TDC and this triggers the CDI to release the charge to the ignition coil which amps up the voltage and fires the plug.

Does anyone have any ignition parts from one of these 345 saws? I hate to junk this thing and would love to see it run again. Parts just are not out there for the ignition it seems. I have even contacted a few companies in the UK and turned up nothing. Does anyone have any good used ignition parts from the Shindaiwa 345? I'd be most grateful......thanks!!!

Latest posts

Back