Shocking Experience Cuting Cable With Grinder! UK

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
OilHead

OilHead

ArboristSite Guru
Sounds like one of those act of god cases. God I'm lucky to be still alive & god that cable should'nt be:bowdown: at that depth where children are exposed to the radiation effects. Case closed.:bowdown:

NEK VT

NEK VT

ArboristSite Operative
Wow

Well here in the UK as far as I am aware some one correct me if they can. The utilities arnt bothered to help contractors and you have to have the surveys done and paid for your self. No one is going to pay for a survey for a stump. If I was at 14" id say well there was always a chance. 6 1/2" 12" from the main house so the ground has not been re-graded I did not stand a chance. 3/4 spade depth. I have spoken to a few people and they reckon there is no standard on the depth. I just cant believe that. We are so health and safety crazy in the country. You cant even smoke a fag in your van from 1st July or get prosecuted but its not problem just to through a live cable just under the surface. It all :censored: up!

I don't know about the power lines.. but if they catch you somking a fag in your van over here you will definatly get beat up. Atleast where I come from.