site of interest

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow a slab for a table cost more than my vechicle!! :jawdrop: We are all in the wrong line of work!! Nice looking wood for sure though.

I stoped by Jim's place last summer to get a price on some elm for a bid I was working on. I wanted a Bf price and he kept telling me each board was priced differently, that I needed to pick out the boards I wanted and then he would tell me how much they cost. So I pointed to a couple of slabs and said I would probably want something like that those. Jim then gave me a range but still not a Bf price. I explained that I had a client I was doing a design for and I needed to give them a bid, and part of the bid needed to include the cost of the wood. He tells me to pick out all the boards I would need and he would give me a price. I tell him I don't know yet because I haven't done the design yet and even if I did I would not want to spend any time sorting through and picking out wood without knowing how much it cost. I live 2 hours away and just wanted to know how much he sell elm for. The conclusion I ended up with is that he dosen't sell elm, at least he didn't sell any to me. I ended up buyng a bit over 200bf for $300 closer to where I live. That was a smoking deal as it normaly goes for between $6-8/bf

Latest posts

Back