Small Scale Loggers on Vancouver Island (Victoria)?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MarkCB

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Hey guys,
I am looking at buying a small 5 acre parcel near Victoria, BC. It is heavily treed, and I assume there must be some useable wood on it. Since I want to clear it all, I was hoping to find a company that would clear it and pay me for the timber. I did some googling but couldn't come up with any local companies. Obviously WFP isn't going to come to my backyard to clean things up....

Any advice appreciated, thanks.

There is "Competition tree services in the yellow pages. Comercial & residential.
Certified ISA/Fallers. 60 bucket trucks,
They buy timber.
Look in Nanaimo too.
Or find out what its worth aprox and go from there, You would likely stand to make more money if you brought in a few trades yourself. Like I can fall and buck for the mill specs but you're paying the trades. Probably 2nd growth snipper wood anyway. Pay for a non biased appraisal as to the wood value and go from there or provide more info as to the size and species, land lay ect. in the logging forum first. (Pictures will help)
I'm guessing its Douglas Fir and Cedar
dominant? Show some pics and if it looks good and you're not interested in the foot work then thats something I could do in conjunction with the falling and bucking.
(LTD Company)
It could possible 'save you a lot of money'
opposed to making a blind deal. IMHO

Jamie

This would be better suited in the forestry and logging section so I'm going to move it there for you. It will get better visibility there for you.

On this side of the border its a common practice to "trade land clearing for timber" Stands to reason they should do the same up there. Personally I wonder just how much they are making on the land clearing end of it though...

Vancouver Is. is out of my wheel house though I imagine there are a number of outfits that will log private land.

However get a handful of quotes before committing to any one logger, some are crooked, most are good, like anything else.

Anyway check Craigslist, many folks advertise on there.

It would be nice to see some pics of the stand to get an idea of size and form.
Generally city trees aren't worth much. You can always cut them down but you can't stand them back up again.

Back