Snow??

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Coldfront

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Now this is getting ridiculous. Are we going to have a early winter?

Forecast for Stone Lake, WI.
Friday Night
Mostly cloudy with rain showers in the evening, then overcast with snow and a chance of rain. Low of 34F. Winds from the NW at 5 to 10 mph. Chance of precipitation 60% .

Saturday Night
Mostly cloudy in the evening, then partly cloudy. Low of 28F. Winds from the NW at 5 to 10 mph.

Not in Arkansas

It's going to be in the upper 80's here today. Tuesday it only got to 72. Had one morning in the upper 40's this week.

We're looking at a high barely breaking 60[sup]o[/sup] today, low tonight of 36[sup]o[/sup], no snow forecast, just rain.
Tomorrow is supposed to be colder, won't even break 60[sup]o[/sup] and tomorrow night below freezing.
But typical for this part of Iowa, this time of year... back above 80[sup]o[/sup] for Monday and Tuesday.

Oh My! A foul four letter word. I have not even sent contracts out yet. Still need a plow for the new to me truck, ( they want more than what I paid for the plow I have extra at the moment for the mounts and wiring). I have not been able to find a decent rig as of yet on the used market either.

Now this is getting ridiculous. Are we going to have a early winter?

Forecast for Stone Lake, WI.
Friday Night
Mostly cloudy with rain showers in the evening, then overcast with snow and a chance of rain. Low of 34F. Winds from the NW at 5 to 10 mph. Chance of precipitation 60% .

Saturday Night
Mostly cloudy in the evening, then partly cloudy. Low of 28F. Winds from the NW at 5 to 10 mph.

Nice - I'll be in NW Wisc this weekend taking out the docks/lifts at the family cabin. :buttkick:

Well, seems I did hear that this winter was supposed to be harder than we have had for several years. Lots of snow supposedly. I'll report back on that about the end of next April. Wife said it is posed to get to the 30's this week-end. Has been in the 50's at night for the last week or so.

Shhhhhhhhh.... I'm north west of you 800 or more miles and no snow here... Its been 26 to 34 at night but into the 70's for a high.. No mention of snow up here yet and i have a yard full of skids and pallets to cut up.. If we get snow now i wont see half my yard till spring.. :msp_mad:

We've had a couple of mornings in the upper 30's this week already. Much colder than it was this time last year.

I don't really care. It can be as cold as it wants. I've got more than enough wood and a good plow. More snow means I make more money plowing haha.

Honestly I prefer the cold. Hate hate hate the heat.

Not horribly unusual, or unexpected. WI has seen snow every month of the calendar except July.

I use the lake down the road as the "winter's here" indicator. It's small and deep at 90 acres and 105', the last lake locally to freeze. 9 years out of ten it's the first week in December, can't remember off the top of my head the last time it froze during Nov, so I suspect we're overdue.

Should be nice cool and comfortable sawing at the MN GTG tomorrow. You coming down for it?

I'm not complaining I love the colder weather. I cut a tank full of gas with the 372xp on some oak yesterday after work and split it all with a maul. I have been waiting for some cool weather to get in a nice work out.

I leave for hayward early thursday morning . I hope it warms up a little bit or its going to be cold in the boat But it will still be better than work.Any one from the hayward area? I will be fishing on moose lake

Thanks for the great thread everyone, it was a nice reminder to me that a few minutes could be spent on cold weather preparation. Cover is now on the A/C, heat lamp is on in the pump shed, and for kicks I ripped the handle on the Cub Cadet Snowblower and it started on the first pull. I am quite anxious to start burning, with evening lows in the bottom 30's this weekend here in Central MI it is sure looking like I might get my chance.

Heck, even the cold weather has me hanging around AS again after taking the summer off. It's good to be back everyone.

WinterForecastPreviewPartII_Page_1_zps2d896e1f.jpg

WinterForecastPreviewPartII_Page_2_zps76d737e7.jpg

WinterForecastPreviewPartII_Page_3_zps18c385cc.jpg

Nice Info!! It's no Farmer's Almanac but it'll do...

Night time temps have been hovering around 40 here in Mid MI. No snow yet but it feels like it is right around the corner. I for one welcome the cooler temps as it was a toasty summer. Actually had to use the air conditioner this year!

Latest posts

Back