snowy site clearing in scotland

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Thor's Hammer

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
this was back in march, took a few snaps with my camera phone. we were sub-contracting for fountains plc (the equivalent of asplundh in the UK) - they refused to come out and work cause it was to cold :rolleyes:

Last edited:
It was!
but being typical brit weather, it was blue skys and sunshine in the afternoon...

Cold weather keeps you movin! When the chain freezes to the bar on a saw you were just running, it's cold!

Nice pics from the camera phone. I want to see what mine look like on here, dont think they will be that good, gotta get the cable to find out.

Trignog said:
Cold weather keeps you movin! When the chain freezes to the bar on a saw you were just running, it's cold!
To right!
British climate is never that cold, although the wind chill factor can sometimes be terrible.
did work in sweden some years ago, I worked the summer and it was 35 degrees. my mate stayed on to do the winter, told me that they went to do some removals one morning after a freeze, and their spikes wouldent penetrate the wood it was so cold. the swedes also run antifreeze in their chain oil

Back