Solo 656 rim sprocket WTB

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

johninky

ArboristSite Operative
. AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
Decided today to replace it and learned Solo no longer supports their chainsaws. Well! According to the manual, 644/651/656 models all use the same part. Anyone have one or more, I'd like to buy or does anyone know if a sprocket for another brand will work.

Took the cover off today and the above is incorrect. I have the 656H model and that saw is 3/8th, not .325.

Sure, other brands use that sprocket. Take one you want to replace into stihl or husky dealer.

Solo, Stihl, Husqvarna, Dolmar & Echo don't make drive sprockets. They all use others brands like Oregon ad their OEM part. Congrats on owning a 656....not many folks know about them or how good they are.

It is a great saw. Have owned it for something like 6 years. I fool around with just firewood and use it exclusively for anything 18" or less. Have 2 66cc Pioneer saws for the bigger stuff. Hey, Pioneer saws are also awesome just a little heavy. At 70 years of age, weight becomes a factor to consider.

If I was younger and if Solo still sold saws in the States, I'd buy another Solo in an heart beat.

Latest posts

Back